24.5.07

Escrita Criativa: apresentação de trabalhos


"There are cringeworthy metaphors and rhymes without reason. Music fans today have the opportunity to choose the line of a song that they find the most grating. The worst pop lyric in the world . . . ever will be announced tomorrow by Marc Riley on his BBC 6 music radio show which begins at 7pm.

As always in such polls, there is controversy over the missing candidates. Despite a late run, there is no place in the top ten for Shakira. She mused on her hit Whenever, Wherever: “Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, So you don’t confuse them with mountains.”

Bernie Taupin is respected as Sir Elton John’s lyricist. Yet “If I was a sculptor, But then again, no” from Your Song is regarded by some as crime on a par with Culture Club’s “War is stupid and people are stupid”.

The Top 10 Worst Pop Lyrics?

1 ABC That Was Then But This Is Now - More Sacrifices than an Aztec priest/ Standing here straining at that leash/ All fall down, Can’t complain, mustn’t grumble/ Help yourself to another piece of apple crumble

2 Snap Rhythm Is A Dancer - I’m as serious as cancer/ When I say Rhythm is a Dancer

3 Human League The Lebanon - Before he leaves the camp he stops/ He scans the world outside/ And where there used to be some shops/ Is where the snipers sometimes hide

4 Razorlight Somewhere Else - And I met a girl/ she asked me my name, I told her what it was

5. Duran Duran Is There Something I Should Know? - And fiery demons all dance when you walk through that door/ Don’t say you’re easy on me you’re about as easy as a nuclear war

6 Oasis Champagne Supernova - Slowly walking down the hall/ Faster than a cannonball/ Where were you when we were getting high?

7 Des’ree Life - I don’t want to see a ghost/ It’s the sight that I fear most/ I’d rather have a piece of toast/ Watch the evening news

8 Black Sabbath War Pigs - Generals gathered in their masses/ Just like witches at black masses

9 Toto Africa - The wild dogs cry out in the night/ As they grow restless longing for some solitary company/ I know that I must do what’s right/ Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

10 U2 Elevation - I’ve got no self control, Been living like a mole now/ Going down, excavation/ High and high in the sky/ You make me feel like I can fly/ So high, Elevation"


("Stop the music. That has got to be the most ridiculous pop lyric of all time", The Times, 3 Maio 2007, Adam Sherwin, Media Correspondent)

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue